Saturday, June 4, 2011

NATIONAL DONUT DAY!!!!


So, have I ever told you the story of the first time Clay and I hung out? You can call it our first date if you want to. It was a Thursday night, and I was sitting at home. John (Babe) Murrugarra called me and informed me that Clay really wanted to go watch his ultimate Frisbee (I have no idea how to spell that) game, but he didn't want to go alone. So John proposed to me the idea of me going with Clay. I replied with a "give me this kid's phone number" and proceeded to text/call Clay. I don't remember if I texted him or called him. I told Clay what John had proposed, and he explained that he had refused John's offer to go watch the ultimate game, and that he had no interest in going. He figured that John was using me to get him to the game. Anyway, Clay said he wanted to hang out with just me, as long as it was what I wanted. I said "yeah, that would be fine" and he said "no Amy. Do you WANT to hang out with me. thats what I need to hear." Not until I said "Clay, I want to hang out with you tonight" did he ask me out on a date. We weren't sure what to do, since it was such short notice, but we started by stopping by the frisbee game (which had already finished), then I remembered that I had heard on the radio earlier in the morning that it was National Free Donut Day (or something like that) so I suggested it, and off we went to Krispy Kreme.
The point of all of this reminiscing is that yesterday I looked on facebook and saw someone had commented that they had taken advantage of free donut day... so that means one year ago yesterday was mine and clay's first date! Pretty adorable. Clayton Henderson Welch, I LOVE YOU. Je T'Aime. Eu Amo Vocé.

2 comments:

  1. I never heard all of this story. Thanks for sharing. Every year on National doughnut day I will think of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete