Tuesday, May 10, 2011

COVED

Well, since Amy told you a little bit about her stage (internship) in Paris I thought I would do the same. I am working for an environmental recycling company called COVED. They are a private company under the organization SAUR, which deals with most of the water distribution in France. COVED is responsible for 15% of all of the recycling in France, but only 4% in Paris. This is what my internship with them consists of: I am researching all of the other recycling companies in the Ile de France (Paris) area so that they can look into purchasing one or a couple of the smaller companies in the area, giving them a stronger presence in the Paris area. I am researching these companies based on geographical location as well as balance sheets, financial records, number of workers, along with many other things. Starting next week, I will be going around with the Director of the Paris area, who I am actually working directly under for my internship, looking at these companies and meeting with different people in them. His (the director's) goal for me is to work with him and personally take part in the acquisition of a company. It has been great so far and I have had a bunch of great experiences already. I have my own office and I am starting to get to know everyone there. Sorry if I bored you to death but hopefully that gives you a better idea of what I am doing out here in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome experience for you Bubba! It sounds like it's right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete