Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lover number two

Clayton is my number one love. That is clear and obvious. Also it is not negotiable, he will always be number one, but I believe that yesterday I rekindled some dormant feelings for my lover number two; Hot Chocolate. We went to "the place" to get hot chocolate in Paris (as listed in several touristy websites, and also verified by several of our friends). It is called Angelina's, and is just across the street from the Louvre. As Clay mentioned earlier, we went their to rest from much museum activity on our part. And it was so worth it. The hot chocolate costs 7.00 Euro per cup. That's like 11 dollars!! But its worth every penny. It was thick, and dark, and rich... served at the perfect sipping temperature. Oh my heavens! It was bitter and smooth. Pretty much the best thing I have ever tasted. One review we read described it as "orgasmic." I probably wouldn't use that word, but it was pretty darn good. Served with a side of whipped cream and sugar so that you can sweeten it to your taste. When I was a missionary, after a long hard day I used to treat myself to something I called "chocolate soup" which was my own homemade version of Angelina's Chocolat à l'Africain (I think that is what it was called) but mine just doesn't quite reach her level of expertise. I recommend it to any and all who are coming to Paris in the near future, or ever!


3 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds like the perfect end to a perfectly awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I drank some hot chocolate in Prosser in honor of you. It is too hot to enjoy it in florida so we took the opportunity to do it in a place with a chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete