Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did I mention our house is 100 years old?

Ok, so maybe not 100 years exactly, but the lady who was living here (she moved out a couple months back... she is living with her daughter now) she is 101 years old!! 101! She has lived in this house since 1924. She lived here with her parents, and then when she got married, her husband moved in, and they took over the house. On some future date I will post more pics of the house, but I will just mention that the stairs are the squeakiest, loudest, steepest/skinniest stairs I have encountered. Also, the shower is quite inconvenient, since it was added at a later date (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had showers in 1924). The shower is in the slope-y part of the house, so you can only stand straight directly under the water... also there is a giant wooden beam that goes right through the shower, and I hit my head on it at least five times every time I shower. Also, there is no light in there other than a tiny lamp on the far side of the bathroom... its an adventure to say the least. We live in a suburb of Paris called Argenteuil, which is ten minutes away from paris on train. Because its late and I am tired, I am including some pics of Clay doing our laundry (hanging it out to dry on the line in our backyard) and I will explain everything in more detail on a later date :)



Bonne Soirée tout le monde! We are off to Normandy tomorrow morning, so stay tuned for pics and posts.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been doing such a good job of keeping us up on your adventures! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Clay on helping with the laundry! :) Your house looks cute! The stairs sound like the one's in Gma Welch's house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed too that you are helping with the laundry. Do you have to wash by hand? Thanks for keeping us up to date on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete